My neighbor recently got this new Polk subwoofer and she was quite happy about it. Because there are no messy cables and complicated stuff for connections and all.
However, she was getting confused as to how to connect this Polk subwoofer to the soundbar. She barely had any idea about this and so she asked for my help.
If you are also facing problems with connecting the subwoofer to the soundbar, consider reading this article till the end. I will add the solutions that would work out and you will be able to pair your subwoofer with the soundbar easily.
A PRO Tip That Lets You Connect Polk Subwoofer To Soundbar
This is a pro tip that works in 99% of cases. This is also easy so without worrying too much, you can try it yourself. In case you are wondering how to sync your subwoofer with the soundbar, the same steps below would work out for that as well!
Before you start, make sure that both the soundbar and the subwoofer are disconnected. We recommend connecting the surround speakers to the subwoofer first and then moving on to connect the soundbar.
- Once you connect the rear speakers, plug in the soundbar.
- Play some music with the speakers.
- While you play the music, press and hold the SYNC button that is on the back of the soundbar for five seconds.
- Holding it like that will flash the LED rapidly. This is just an indication that both the subwoofer and the soundbar are developing a connection.
- When that happens, let go. Your subwoofer is connected to the soundbar.
- Finally, plug in the subwoofer to the power cord.
- This time the sync LED on the back of the subwoofer will keep blinking rapidly. It will continue flashing until the LED turns green. Which basically means that the connection is solid and stable.
How To Re-establish The Connection
Suppose you follow the above steps and are able to develop a connection or pair up your Polk subwoofer and the soundbar. But after a while, you lose the connection out of nowhere. In such cases, follow the steps below to re-establish the connection.
- Turn OFF your soundbar if it is in power mode.
- On the back of the subwoofer, you will see the BAR SYNC button. Just press it and hold for 3 seconds.
- At the same time, press and hold the Bluetooth and Vol + buttons together for 5 seconds.
- During this time, both the LEDs will blink repeatedly. Once the subwoofer and soundbar connection is restored, the LEDs will stop blinking.
Pair Up Your Polk Subwoofer Manually
If your Polk subwoofer is not wireless, you have to connect it to your soundbar manually. To pair up manually:
- Switch off the soundbar using your remote.
- Now if there is an ID button on your soundbar, press and hold it for 5s continuously.
- Doing this will turn off the red indicator while the blue one will be blinking rapidly
- Now move on to your remote and press the Up button for 5s.
- You will notice the ID set appearing on the display of your soundbar screen.
- This means that the ID set is complete. And now your soundbar will automatically turn on.
- Now notice that the blue led indicator stops blinking rapidly. Instead, it remains solid and constant. This means that your subwoofer is successfully connected to your soundbar.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section will cover some frequently asked questions concerning the pairing up of the Polk subwoofer and the soundbar. If you still have any confusion in your mind, consider going through these common queries.
Why is my Polk subwoofer not syncing?
Polk subwoofer wouldn’t sync if you turn off the power of the soundbar. Also if the rear speakers are not plugged in, you’d struggle with syncing the subwoofer. So make sure you check on these two things before you start to sync your subwoofer.
How to sync Polk Magnifi Mini to the subwoofer?
It is simple. On the back of the soundbar, there is a SYNC button. You need to turn on the subwoofer’s main AC switch while holding this button for 5-6 seconds.
Why is my Polk subwoofer not working?
A red LED indicator might lead to your subwoofer not working. There might be a problem with the fuse. Turn off or unplug your subwoofer, wait for 30 seconds and turn it back on. See if it is working alright now.
How to connect a Polk subwoofer to a TV?
If your TV has an HDMI port, connecting it to your subwoofer gets easier using an HDMI cable. Just connect one end of the HDMI cable to the TV’s “HDMI Out” port while the other end to the soundbar’s “HDMI In” port. Now move on to the Settings and enable the HDMI connection.
I hope that by the end of this article, you’d be able to connect your Polk subwoofer to the soundbar. Now, this is an easy thing and you do not need to take much hassle. However, after following the above steps, if you fail to pair them up, consider seeking the help of a professional.
I believe you’d be able to DIY. So good luck pal!