Our all-time favorite Bluetooth speakers – Bose SoundLink Mini 1 and 2 are well-renowned for delivering exceptional audio quality and their sleek design.
However, like any electronic device, they may encounter occasional issues that require a reset for optimal performance. Whether you’re facing connectivity problems or your speaker seems unresponsive, a simple reset can often be the solution.
Never performed a reset on your Bose speaker before? Well, don’t fret. In this guide, we’ll teach you the steps to reset both the Bose SoundLink Mini 1 and 2, ensuring a hassle-free experience with your beloved portable speaker. So, grab a seat and keep reading.
Why Would Your Bose Soundlink Mini Need Resetting?
Before you learn how to reset your Bose Soundlink Mini, maybe you’d be intrigued to know when and why you may require to reset your Bluetooth speaker in the first place. So, there could be several possible reasons such as:
- Facing issues with Bluetooth connectivity: Yes, a quick reset can address pairing issues when connecting the SoundLink Mini to a Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Software-related problems: Resetting helps resolve malfunctions or technical glitches that cannot be manually repaired with tools, so restoring the speaker to its original factory settings can greatly help in this case.
- Pairing difficulties: Resetting your Bose Soundlink Mini will clear all current existing pairings, making it easier to pair the SoundLink Mini with a new device.
- Decline in performance: If the speaker’s performance has decreased over time, or if it mysteriously stopped producing clear sharp sounds, resetting it can help improve its overall functionality.
- Preparing for sale or gift: A quick reset will ensure that all your personal information, saved data and settings are erased, allowing a new user to start fresh when receiving the speaker in case you’re planning to give it away.
Resetting Bose SoundLink Mini 1 in Six Easy Steps
Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1. Turn Off the Speaker: Ensure that your Bose SoundLink Mini is powered off.
Step 2. Disconnect from Power: Unplug any power source connected to the speaker.
Step 3. Hold the Mute Button: You’ll notice a mute button with all the other control buttons located on the top panel of the speaker.
Now press and hold the “Mute” button for 5 seconds.
Step 4. Connect to Power: While holding the “Mute” button, connect your speaker to a power source.
Step 5. Wait for LEDs: Keep holding the “Mute” button until the battery indicator lights blink. This may take about 5-10 seconds.
Step 6. Release the Mute Button: Once the lights blink, release the “Mute” button. Your Bose SoundLink Mini 1 should now be reset.
Resetting Bose SoundLink Mini 2 Properly
Now, unlike Bose Soundlink Mini 1, this speaker doesn’t have a mute button,
so what should you do now? Follow these steps:
- Step 1. Power Off: Turn off your Bose SoundLink Mini 2. But before switching off, make sure it has sufficient battery power.
- Step 2. Disconnect from Power: Unplug any power source connected to the speaker. Let it rest for a minute after unplugging.
- Step 3. Look for the Power Button: Once you find it, press and hold down the power button on the speaker.
- Step 4. Connect to Power: While holding the power button, connect the speaker to a power source.
- Step 5. Wait for LED flash: Continue holding the power button until the battery indicator lights blink. This usually takes around 10 seconds.
- Step 6. Release the Power Button: Now finally, once the lights blink, it’s time to release the power button. Your Bose SoundLink Mini 2 should now be reset.
In a nutshell, resetting your Bose SoundLink Mini 1 or 2 is a fairly easy-peasy process that can quickly resolve connectivity issues, ensuring your speaker continues to deliver an immersive audio experience. By following our guidelines, you can troubleshoot connectivity problems and unresponsiveness, maintaining the exceptional performance that Bose is known for.
Remember to always check for firmware updates and, if problems persist, don’t hesitate to reach out to Bose customer support for further assistance. Keep enjoying music with your refreshed Bose SoundLink Mini!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can you factory reset a Bose Soundlink Mini?
Answer: Absolutely you can! If you want to factory reset a Bose SoundLink Mini, firstly turn on the speaker. Then press and hold the “Power” button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth indicator turns off. Next, release the “Power” button and turn the speaker off and then back on. This should reset the SoundLink Mini to its factory settings.
2. How do I reset my Bose Soundlink Mini 2 Bluetooth devices?
Answer: To clear the paired Bluetooth devices on your Bose SoundLink Mini 2, first power on the speaker. Then press and hold the “Bluetooth” button for about 10 seconds until you hear a voice message saying, “Bluetooth device list cleared.” This action will remove all previously paired devices from the speaker’s memory. Afterward, you can pair new devices as needed.
3. How do I forget all devices on Bose SoundLink 2?
Answer: To forget all paired devices on the Bose SoundLink Mini 2, power on the speaker then press and hold both the “Volume + (up)” and “Volume – (down)” buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. This should clear the entire list of paired devices from the speaker’s memory.
4. How do I delete all Bluetooth connections on my mini SoundLink?
Answer: To delete all Bluetooth connections on your Bose SoundLink Mini – turn on the speaker first. Then press and hold the “Bluetooth” button until you hear a voice prompt saying, “Bluetooth device list cleared.” Doing this will let go of all previously paired devices from the speaker’s memory.
5. How do I update my Bose Mini Soundlink?
Answer: To update your Bose SoundLink Mini, install the Bose Connect app on your mobile device or the Bose Updater software on your computer. Next, pair your Bose speaker to your smartphone via Bluetooth connection or connect your SoundLink Mini to your computer using a USB cable. Afterwards, follow the on-screen instructions to check for and install any available updates.