In today’s world of wireless convenience, True Wireless Stereo (TWS) earbuds have become a ubiquitous accessory for music enthusiasts and multitaskers like you and us. Life without earbuds is unimaginable for young adults.
However, encountering issues with TWS earbuds, such as difficulties in pairing them together, is very common and equally frustrating. But there’s no reason to fret, we’ve got your back!
Today we are here on this journey with you to explore the possible problems and causes of TWS earbuds not pairing, along with troubleshooting steps to resolve these issues.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
How To Correctly Pair TWS Earbuds Together?
If you’re doing it wrong, you’re bound to have pairing issues. This is how you’re supposed to pair your In-Ear TWS earbuds together like a pro:
Step 1: Start by turning on your TWS earbuds. You should press and hold the power button for about 3 seconds or until you see a blue light flash.
Step 2: Let go of the holding when blue light is blinking. Next, start the pairing process by pressing the pairing button on the charging case.
Step 3: As for the final step, go press the pairing button on each earbud. And there you go! Your earbuds should be paired together now.
Why Are Your In-Ear TWS Earbuds Not Pairing Properly?
There could be several reasons why your TWS (True Wireless Stereo) earbuds are not pairing together. Often the problem can be too severe and may require the intervention of a professional technician. However, for most of the cases, the issue can be diagnosed and fixed by oneself within the comfort of one’s home.
Let’s discuss some of those possible problems and causes in detail along with their solutions:
1. Low Battery: Okay, so when was the last time you charged them properly? Insufficient battery charge in one or both earbuds can prevent them from pairing. Sometimes, the charging case itself may have worn out and become defective resulting in low battery levels 24/7 no matter how many times you attempt to power them.
How To Solve: You need to make sure that both earbuds are sufficiently charged. Place them in their charging case and confirm that the case itself has enough power. If the charging case is faulty, waste no time and replace it with a new one.
2. Bluetooth Connection: It’s impossible to pair up any external devices to TWS earbuds if the Bluetooth is not activated on that device. Also, if your smartphone has extremely low battery levels or is switched off, you won’t be able to establish a connection.
How To Solve: You need to switch on your smartphone, go to settings tab and enable Bluetooth. Grant all the permissions necessary to make sure it’s in pairing mode. It’s a good idea to refer to your earbuds’ manual for accurate wireless pairing instructions. Some TWS earbuds feature a designated Power/Bluetooth that you need to press and hold for a few seconds to initiate pairing.
3. Earbud Placement: Sometimes, the earbuds need to be placed in the charging case and removed again to reset their connection. Due to wrong placement, pairing may be delayed and hampered.
How To Solve: If you’ve been trying to remove the earbuds from the case and placing them back can reset their connection. Review your earbuds’ user manual for any specific placement or reset instructions. Review your earbuds’ user manual for any specific placement or reset instructions.
4. Radiation Interference: Okay, if you have electronic devices nearby or let’s say a Wi-Fi router, the infrared rays (or in plain language “networks”) can interfere with the Bluetooth connection that you’re trying to establish between the earbuds and your device.
How To Solve: Well, the best solution is to change rooms and try pairing your earbuds in a different location away from major electronic devices and with as minimal interference as possible.
5. Firmware Issues: Although this is not very usual, outdated software or firmware can also cause pairing problems.
How To Solve: Contact the official customer service helpdesk and check if there are any latest updates available for your earbuds and then follow correct guidelines provided by the manufacturers to install those updates.
6. Factory Reset: Although it sounds weird, yet your earbuds could be malfunctioning simply because of a technical glitch. It’s nothing serious and can often be resolved with a factory reset.
How To Solve: Some earbuds have a factory reset option. You can try resetting both earbuds to their default settings and then attempt pairing again. Simply start by removing the earbuds from their charging case. Press and hold the power button until you see a white flash. Give it some time till you turn them back on again.
7. Compatibility: Each and every TWS earbud model may not be compatible with all of your electronic devices. The device you’re trying to pair them to may not be supported by the algorithms of your earbuds.
How To Solve: All TWS earbuds are compatible with iOS and Android. If you have a different device, it’s better to confirm that your TWS earbuds are compatible with it for assurance. Check the specifications and compatibility requirements in your earbuds’ user manual in this regard.
Some Other Quick DIY Solutions You Can Try
If all the previous troubleshooting guidelines didn’t come of any help to you. Try doing the following:
1. You may want to change your pairing sequence. Although the correct pairing method usually involves pairing the right earbud first and then the left one, you may also try doing the reverse to see if it helps.
2. Some devices can only connect to one Bluetooth audio device at a time. Check if your device has this limitation.
3. Examine your earbuds for physical damage, dirt, or debris that might obstruct the charging ports or interfere with the pairing process. If you find them dirty, this is how you should clean them thoroughly:
But before you start, quickly grab these materials:
– Soft, lint-free cloth
– Cotton swabs
– Isopropyl alcohol (70% or higher)
– Soft-bristle toothbrush (optional)
1. Power off your earbuds and disconnect them from paired devices first.
2. Dampen a cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the exterior of your earbuds.
3. Next, use a damp cotton swab to clean grilles and ports.
4. Afterwards, use a soft toothbrush to remove dirt from crevices.
5. Carefully dislodge earwax from speaker grilles and tips (if you notice any).
6. Let the earbuds air dry completely before use.
7. Reattach all the components and test the earbuds to see if the audio quality has improved and if they are pairing correctly now.
Troubleshooting TWS earbuds pairing issues can be a systematic process that involves checking battery levels, optimizing Bluetooth settings, and ensuring compatibility. By following our expert guidelines, we hope you will be able to successfully resolve the pairing problems and enjoy your wireless audio experience to the fullest.
Remember that each TWS earbud model may have its unique quirks, so patience and attention to detail are key to successful troubleshooting! Good luck!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I pair my in-ear TWS earbuds together?
Answer: To pair in-ear TWS earbuds together, remove them from the charging case first and then ensure they’re in pairing mode (LEDs blinking or follow the manual), and connect via your device’s Bluetooth settings.
2. Why are my earbuds not connecting?
Answer: Your earbuds may not be connecting due to several problems such as – low battery, bluetooth issues, compatibility issues, pairing problems, etc. In most cases, resetting them and restarting the pairing process works great. Otherwise, you may also consider seeking professional help.
3. Why is only one earbud pairing?
Answer: One earbud may be pairing while the other isn’t due to low battery, an internal glitch issue, or a connection problem. Perhaps one earbud is dead while the other one is switched on. Therefore, you should check battery levels, ensure they’re both turned on and both are in pairing mode. You may also factory reset if needed.
4. How do I reset my TWS earbuds?
Answer: Start by removing the earbuds from its charging case and hold down power buttons for a few seconds until they shut off. Starting with the earbuds in the OFF position, hold down buttons on both earbuds for around 10 seconds. The small LED sensor bulb will blink red or blue several times and then shut off. This will reset your earbuds.
5. What is dual pairing in TWS?
Answer: All of the true wireless stereo (TWS) earbuds feature this dual pairing mode to seamlessly and conveniently switch between two connected devices depending on the audio source.